Looking at this month's offering, these are the talks I'm planning on attending:
- Sinful Science - 3 Feb 2009 - This should be a good one considering the morals of science when it's used for less moral applications
- War of the Sexes - 4 Feb 2009 - This gets a lot of attention nowadays as we strive for sexual equality. A lot of people do argue that men and women are different, so it'll be interesting to see how much they think these differences needs to be taken into consideration in male and female roles and how much the division of roles is just antiquated tradition.
- Emotional Contagion - 5 Feb 2009 - I love the way it's difficult to be sad around happy people even if the opposite is less good. Never really considered how we are influenced by the emotions of others before though.
- Feel the Flavour - 11 Feb 2009 - I have an obvious interest in taste given what I do for a living, so this will be fascinating.
- Veggie Might - 17 Feb 2009 - Who am I to argue if they want to tell me I'm saving the planet?
- Science Museum Lates - 25 Feb 2009 - As I didn't make it last week, I'll make up for it this month instead (no prebooking required for this one apparently)
Very weighted towards next week, but should be an interesting selection.
Again, if anyone fancies joining me, tickets are free and you just need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a place.