Seeing as I seem to have a bit more free time in the evenings at the moment, I'm intending to go back more next year.
Having looked at the talks coming up next month, I've got a ticket to go to each of the following:
- 15 January - Job Satisfaction or Dissatisfaction - Although I'm perfectly happy with my job at the moment, I went through a stage of dissatisfaction early last year (to the extent that I found another job elsewhere and handed in my notice), so it will be interesting to see what they say.
- 20 January - DNA Testing: Science or Swindle - I've never really considered having my DNA tested to discover genetic traits. I'm not sure how useful it would be to do so. I'm curious to find out how people react to finding out those details though.
- 22 January - Future Foods: Join the GM Debate - I'm not really sure where I stand on the whole GM thing at the moment. I think I'd like to know more before decided which side of the line my views fall. Fairly contentious issue though, so should make an interesting talk.
- 23 January - The Two Cultures: Art and Science Today - I think this is the most curious of the month's offerings. There are certainly many cultural divides in society, I'm not sure how much the art/science thing contributes to this though.
- 28 January - Science Museum Lates - I've always liked wondering around the Science Museum, so I'm going to take this as an excuse to do so.
If anyone fancies joining me, tickets are free and you just need to email email@example.com to arrange a place.