- Now, to another matter; the record levels of unemployment. Many say that unemployment is the result of government mismanging and underspending. Nothing can be further from the truth. We all know the real cause of unemployment, don't we gentlemen? Unemployment, in this country, is caused by pixies.
You f***ing bunch of d***heads. You mean to say we lost eleven men fighting a group of waxworks?
Power is tearing human minds apart and putting them back together in new shapes of your own choosing.1984 - wellinghall
A unperson. Substitute B. B biog details as follows: war hero, recently killed, Malabar front. Today awarded posthumous secondary order of conspicuous merit second class.
We've been going about this all wrong, this ...'s okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble.
A: Symmetrical book stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947.Ghostbusters - yellowrocket
B:: You're right, no human being would stack books like this.
- They should have bought a squirrel.
I am not a bus driver! I do not work for the bus company! All right? I... I needed a ride to New Mexico, so I stole this uniform! See this jacket? This is not my jacket! Remember ..., the bus driver? Huh? This is his shirt! I stole it! And these pants, you think I'd wear these pants? These aren't my pants! These are ...'s pants. I stole them. I am not a bus driver!
I saw death rising from the earth, from the ground itself, in one blue field.A Scanner Darkly - ewx
A: Damage has taken place to the normally dominant left hemisphere, and the right hemisphere is attempting to compensate.
B: The two hemisphere in my brain... are competing?
A & C: Yes.
- Dear ...., I have reached the end of your book and... there are so many things that I need to ask you. Sometimes I'm afraid of what you might tell me. Sometimes I'm afraid that you'll tell me that this is not a work of fiction. I can only hope that the answers will come to me in my sleep. I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.
A: What happened to your eye?
B: I'm so sorry.
How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?Gremlins - wellinghall
- Son, the only time you're going to see the inside of a space shuttle is if you're cleaning it.
They used to say that a child conceived in love has a greater chance of happiness. They don't say that anymore.
A cup of tea would restore my normality.Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - beafarhana Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong, and somehow I was wrong about everything.Solaris - morganmuffle He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!Life of Brian - wellinghall You did just see three monkeys go by on a motorcycle; right?Jumaji - morganmuffle If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One! You see, to be quite frank, ..., the fabric of the universe is far from perfect. It was a bit of botched job, you see. We only had seven days to make it. And that's where this comes in. This is the only map of all the holes. Well, why repair them? Why not use them to get stinking rich?Time Bandits - beafarhana I know she's made to be strong, but she's also so fragile, so human. Know what I mean?The Fifth Element - capra_maritimus
- My sister cried alot. You wonder how I recognize you? Some people - just a handful, mind you - give off the tiniest color. It's faint. Like a haze. It's the only thing I ever see in the darkness. Papa has it, too. Do you wonder what your color is? Well, that I won't tell you. It's not ladylike to speak of such things. You shouldn't even have asked.
[near-hysterical, laughing and sobbing] ... Bad color! Bad, bad color! Bad c-color...!
Film Quotes Revisited
Does this still work? or do I need to write in cyrillic to post on here nowadays?
Did they do something to the comments form? I'm sure it didn't look like that this morning... Also, oh look, first post of the year. Happy New Year!…
Judging by twitter it looked something like this: January 1/1 is beginning to wonder if there are any marching bands left in America or…